- A handful of prawns - I used cooked and frozen but raw and/or fresh work just as well
- Half a red onion
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil or coriander
- A garlic clove
- A pinch of fresh chilli
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper
- A glug of white wine (optional!)
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a frying pan and throw in your prawns. Whilst they're cooking, finely chop the garlic and chilli, then add to the pan.
- In the meantime, dice the onion and tomatoes, roughly chop the basil and throw it into a jug (or bowl). Add pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper, a squeeze of lemon juice and the white wine (if you're using it).
- Remove the prawns from the heat and roughly chop up two-thirds of them, before adding to the jug and giving everything a big stir.
- And now you're ready to serve! Pile it into a bowl, top with the remaining prawns and grab some pitta bread to scoop it all up with!
I ate it as a post-work healthy dinner but this is perfect for a barbecue - just double, triple or quadruple the ingredients! And for veggies, do it without the prawns and it's just as good (it makes a great dip with crisps!)