Bloody Marys are the best go-to drink when you're feeling a little fragile from the previous night's overindulgence. The vitamin content of the tomato juice, the you-can't-taste-it vodka and the kick of the Tabasco just have that knack of setting you on your feet again.
There's a whole wealth of recipes to try, but for a simple, easy to make pick-me up, give this one a go.
- Tomato juice
- 50ml vodka (or just a single shot of 25ml if you prefer). For non-drinkers you can leave the booze out completely
- A pinch of cracked black pepper
- A pinch of celery salt
- A pinch of grated fresh horseradish
- A couple of splashes Lee & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- A splash or two of Tabasco (depending on how brave you're feeling)
- A slice of lemon
- A stick of celery
- If you're feeling extra fancy, you can even add in a splash of sherry, port or red wine
- The simplest way is to just pour everything into a tall glass or mason jar and give it a stir.
- If you've got a cocktail shaker to hand, add everything in, along with the ice and shake it up! Pour into the glass through a strainer, and drink straight away.
- Or, you can be a little creative and add a large olive or a cooked prawn as garnish, rim the glass with black pepper and salt, or switch up the alcohol to gin.
These three recipes from the A Beautiful Mess girls look and sound absolutely delicious...
a For spice fans, the sriracha one will suit.
b Like wasabi? How about this?
c And what about basil?
Photos taken from A Beautiful Mess